Benefits of Massage
Massage can work for anyone, from office workers to marathon runners. There are many benefits to sports massage, including:
- Enhancing sporting performance
- Increasing joint mobility
- Improved muscle function
- Reducing compacted tissue (knots)
- Reducing postural imbalances
- Prevention of scar tissue
- Increased circulation
- Sports and Remedial Massage can be used to treat Back Pain, Tension Headaches, Sports Injury, Neck and Shoulder Pain, Stress, Muscle Strain, Joint problems, Foot Pain and Medical Conditions including carpal tunnel syndrome, sciatica, IBS, plantar fasciitis.
Sports massage is a treatment of the soft tissues in the body, including muscles, tendons and ligaments. It has many benefits, both physical and psychological. Minor injuries, aches and pain can affect someone’s occupation, their ability to undertake sporting activities and their lifestyle. If not treated, minor problems can develop into more serious injuries.
Sport Massage can reduce pain and discomfort, and reduce the risks of encountering further problems.
Treatment will include a short assessment of injury/posture, hands on therapy and some prescriptive movements to work on at home.