Clinic Guidelines To Minimise Risk of Covid – 19
- We will operate an appointment-only system.
- Please bring a face covering to wear during your appointment, unless you are exempt. Spares will be available if needed.
- If there is any doubt that you have COVID19 (or a member of your household) then the treatment shall be cancelled until a period of isolation has taken place in line with Government Guidelines. The cancellation fee will be waived.
- Although not possible during hands-on treatment, at other times (eg consultation process, note taking, exercise advice) every effort shall be made to maintain social distancing.
- Towels and couch cover shall be changed and washed between each Client.
- The couch shall be wiped clean using an anti-bacterial product between each Client.
- A minimum gap of 15 minutes between each Client shall be observed and, during this time, a window and the door to the treatment room shall be opened to improve air flow, thus reducing the risk of any residual airborne contamination being present.
Use of Face Visor / Face Coverings
- Although not mandated in the Government Guidelines, face coverings are advised by the ISRM. We also recommend that Clients are encouraged to wear face coverings.
- When the Client is prone, they may remove their face covering.
Hand Washing / Hand Sanitiser
- Before the Client arrives, the Therapist shall wash hands. When the Client arrives, they shall sanitise their hands prior to entering the premises. The Therapist shall again wash or sanitise their hands directly before starting the Treatment.
- When the Client leaves, both parties shall either wash or use hand sanitiser on their hands. Before removing face coverings, hand sanitising or hand washing shall be conducted.
- The Client should pay for treatments either by bank transfer, card or payment link. Exchange of cash should be avoided if possible. If cash is transferred, hands shall be washed/sanitised after transaction. If a card machine has been used it shall be wiped down after use.
Previously had COVID-19
If your Client previously had COVID-19 and has now recovered, treatment may proceed, unless:
- The Client is still taking medication following the illness
In this situation the Client should seek approval from their GP before the treatment can take place.